• 1/3 cup flaxseed flour
• 1 large egg, separated, room temperature
• Salt and pepper
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 3-4 tablespoons grated cheese
• Water if too thick
1. In a large bowl combine the flaxseed flour, egg, salt, pepper, cheese and water. Stir into dry
ingredients just until moistened. Fold into batter.
2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfulls onto a hot griddle coated with olive oil; turn when bubbles form on
3. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
BEST KETO Flaxseed PANCAKES! (Healthy
and Low Carb)
Flaxseed has been touted as a superfood. It is chock-full of Omega-3 fatty
acids, nutrients, and fiber. Flaxseed also contains lignans and an essential
fatty acid called ALA, which you can then convert into EPA and DHA in your
body. Flaxseed contains around 20% protein and only 3% fat, making the
flaxseed very high in protein and very low in fat, it’s a great choice for a
healthy, high-protein breakfast that’s perfect for getting you in your daily
A flaxseed pancake is a thin pancake made with flax seed, water, and sugar.
It can be made with almost any grain flour, but for this recipe, we suggest
using white or whole wheat flour.
When I discovered flaxseed, I realized that there was a mini-meal in a little jar
that could go with almost anything and was super healthy. This mini-meal is
also gluten free. You can find them in the bulk food aisle.