Amazing cottage cheese pancakes with
oranges! (Quick and easy with 1 egg only!)
My favorite cottage cheese pancake recipe is from America’s Test Kitchen.
Cottage cheese pancakes are a light and fluffy way to serve your favorite
breakfast food. These fluffy pancakes are also healthier because they are
lower in fat than traditional pancakes and are lower in calories.
Traditional cottage cheese pancakes, these are similar to pancake batter but
with cottage cheese instead of flour. To make them, you whisk eggs and
cottage cheese together, add milk and blend. Then you add flour to the
mixture, along with the spices, baking powder and salt.
Here is the full recipe:
• 175 g cottage cheese
• 1 egg , separated
• 55 g butter, melted
• 1 orange peel, grated
• 2 tablespoon eritrit or stevia
• 1 pinch (s) salt
• 45 g wheat flour (whole wheat flour)
• Butter, for frying
1. In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, the stevia, the orange peel, the cheese, and mix vigorously.
2. Cook them on medium fire. Add a little bit of oil into a small bowl.
3. Add a well-heaped tablespoon of batter to the pan for each pancake. It is best to bake two at a time,
about 2 – 3 minutes per side, or until small bubbles form on the top. Then the pancake is ready to be
turned and baked on this side. Continue like this, brushing the pan with butter again and again until the
batter is used up.
4. Serve a little sweetened natural yoghurt and fresh fruit also taste very good.